My name is Tracy Norred and I am an Orange County Photographer. I specialize in capturing real moments between families. I absolutely love getting to know my families, and watching children grow over time. It is a joy to capture happy moments.

I'm a mom myself, and the best way to get information is to contact me by email. I'd love to give you more information & find out if I'm the right fit for your family!
Follow Me!

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Medley

I am a huge Tori Amos fan. Huge. As in, I have pretty much every CD she's ever released (including European singles that I scoured music stores for during a semester abroad in college). As in, seeing every concert that she does in LA or Orange County, mostly by myself. As in, when working a month-long assignment in Portland, driving over 200 round-trip miles to see her perform at the Cuthbert Ampitheatre. Huge.

Tonight I was poking around on her website to see if any information has been released about her next album. No news on that yet, but I came across a quote that really touched my heart.

"When you stop putting yourself on the line, and you don’t touch your own heart, how do you expect to touch other people?”-Tori Amos

I'm not sure how to express the way that this quote touched me. I really want to be candid and open and honest on this blog, to really put myself on the line. Connecting with my readers ("friends without faces," as the fabulous Jasmine Star puts it) is as important to me as showcasing my photography sessions.

In the spirit of Tori's astute quote, I'll put myself on the line a little...

I am soft-spoken but every now and then I'll make a joke that will knock your socks off. If you catch me after too many cups of coffee, I'm super-chatty. I am a Cancer, and perfectly fit the Cancer astrological sign's homey, nesting, nurturing characteristics. I know who I am. I think that there is tremendous power in thought. For this reason, I'm working on becoming more aware of my thoughts & emotions. I am getting better at following my intuition. I have always had interest in metaphysical topics. I am fascinated by the unknown. I enjoy using all of my senses. I love rich and varied textures, and deeply smelling roses as I walk by them. I pay attention to unexpected butterflies & dragonflies. I am taking baby steps towards putting myself on the line!

That's enough for one night! Good night! =)

No comments:

The images on this blog are the sole property of Tracy Norred and may not be printed without permission. However, you are welcome to include them on your own personal web sites (ie. MySpace, Facebook, or blogs) as long as you keep the Serendipity Images logo on the image. Please also provide a link back to SerendipityImages.net. Thank you for your cooperation!

Wedding Photography


© 2008-2012 Tracy Norred