My name is Tracy Norred and I am an Orange County Photographer. I specialize in capturing real moments between families. I absolutely love getting to know my families, and watching children grow over time. It is a joy to capture happy moments.

I'm a mom myself, and the best way to get information is to contact me by email. I'd love to give you more information & find out if I'm the right fit for your family!
Follow Me!

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Two Years

Late this afternoon, I sat on the couch with my husband, spending a few minutes together before he left for work. There was a segment on tv about the Walkman, which launched on today's date in 1979. "Wow," I told him, "the Walkman was launched the day after I was born!" He corrected me, saying that my birthday was 2 days ago, not yesterday (oops!). My train of thought went something like "Huh.. I guess it is. I can't believe I don't know that day it is today. Yesterday was the 30th, so it's July 1st ... yadda yadda yadda ..." and then I remembered, today is the 2nd anniversary of Serendipity Images!

The birth of Serendipity Images was a major turning point in my life. Pre-Serendipity Images I worked for a federal contractor, and made my husband crazy because I was so unhappy there. Serendipity Images was born on 7/1/2007, and everything changed. I take ownership of my decisions. I love my life, and love what I do. I love making connections with the couples I work with, and I love the priviledge of being with them, all day, on their wedding day. I love that I have the opportunity to document the lives of people around me. I love being my own boss, and I love being accountable only to myself for the decisions I make in my business.

I am so grateful for the support of my friends and family, and for the clients (now friends) who booked me to shoot your weddings when I had never shot one before. Your trust allowed me to jump headlong into wedding photography, at exactly the right time, and I will never be able to thank you enough for that.

Here is one of my early favorites, and one of the first images I ever sold...
... compared to one of my most recent shots. The sunset at Sarah & Nate's wedding was incredible!
Here's another from Sarah & Nate's wedding (I can't resist!):
Happy Anniversary to everyone who has been a part of Serendipity Images. And to the Walkman. =)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful images. Happy Anniversary...

and belated Birthday!

the mangiafico family said...

happy 2 year anniversary!!!! =)

The images on this blog are the sole property of Tracy Norred and may not be printed without permission. However, you are welcome to include them on your own personal web sites (ie. MySpace, Facebook, or blogs) as long as you keep the Serendipity Images logo on the image. Please also provide a link back to SerendipityImages.net. Thank you for your cooperation!

Wedding Photography


© 2008-2012 Tracy Norred