My name is Tracy Norred and I am an Orange County Photographer. I specialize in capturing real moments between families. I absolutely love getting to know my families, and watching children grow over time. It is a joy to capture happy moments.

I'm a mom myself, and the best way to get information is to contact me by email. I'd love to give you more information & find out if I'm the right fit for your family!
Follow Me!

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Little Luxuries: An Introduction

During Spring 2000, I spent a semester abroad in Salzburg, Austria. During the week, we had set meals for dinner, and all 27 students in our program ate together at the scheduled local restaurant. I was vegetarian at the time, which worked out fabulously when the meat meal fell flat. Sometimes it was my vegetarian option that didn't work out so well, such as when I was served dinner consisting of only steamed zucchini and squash. We were sometimes fed unappealing things like a frothy garlic soup, and sometimes delicious things like schnitzel and strawberries & ice cream. Midway through the semester, I un-vegetarianized myself, and fell in love with the schnitzel & kasekrainers of Austria. And the giant chocolate-covered or apple-filled pretzels from the pretzel street vendor. =)

One March night in Rome, after we had been abroad for over a month, we found a taste of home: Planet Hollywood. In a continent that mostly served warm, bubbly water, a restaurant that brought pitchers of ice-water to our table was the closest thing to heaven! Of course, the fruity cocktails were nice too. I have pictures in my scrapbook of us drinking a rainbow of fruity cocktails, with giant smiles on our faces.

Nine years of passed since that night, and I can't tell you what my cocktail with the pineapple wedge and maraschino cherry was, but I can tell you one thing: as we walked to Planet Hollywood, I dreamed out loud to Kelli about opening a boutique called Little Luxuries. Little Luxuries would be about treating yourself well. I pictured pewter, cashmere, and pillows. Little Luxuries would be soft, welcoming, and delicious.

Instead of the brick-and-mortar version of Little Luxuries that I imagined with Kelli, Little Luxuries has launched as a virtual store though Amazon. Little Luxuries about knowing that you deserve deliciously good things in your life, even if they are only sprinkled in. It's about drinking your $3 wine from a $20 glass ... or aerating that $3 bottle so it tastes like a $30 bottle! It's about having a really cute re-usable bag for the grocery store. It's about reading books that makes your soul feel good. We all deserve things in our life that make us swoon. I am very excited to share my Little Luxuries with you, and to hear about your favorite Little Luxuries. I am going to show you things I think are fabulous, books that made me grow, and the equipment in my camera bag. Little Luxuries is also going to be a regular segment on my blog, and I can't wait for the delicious things I am going to feature! =)

Click through Little Luxuries, and leave me a blog comment with what your favorite item is and why. After 9pm on Monday (July 20), I'll pick a winner at random for a $10 Amazon gift card. Be sure to leave your real name or email so I can get ahold of you!


Good luck! =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Tracy!! Congrats on the new store. Oh, you made me think about how much I loved kasekrainers. Ariel and I ate one for lunch almost everyday! I love the earthlust bottle with the peacock feather on it - I have been meaning to buy one of those forever!

Leslie

Milk and Honey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

I am obsessed with that KitchenAid mixer. My sister got one for Christmas when she was still living in a dorm room (a lavish gift from a fun uncle) and luckily for me, I got to babysit it at my house for a couple of years. We had such good times together :) I can't wait to have my own in a bright, fun color!

Jaime said...

Well, as much as I love to get creative with Photoshop, or mix up a delectable dessert with my KitchenAide Mixer, the truth is a yummy cup of coffee is the start to every day for me. It takes me back to my office days when mass-made coffee just didn't cut it, so I kept a presspot on my desk to enjoy alone or with a colleague. I usually use my espresso maker in the mornings these days, but sometimes, especially on a cool Fall morning, a fresh pressed cup of coffee or chai is the perfect start to my day.

The images on this blog are the sole property of Tracy Norred and may not be printed without permission. However, you are welcome to include them on your own personal web sites (ie. MySpace, Facebook, or blogs) as long as you keep the Serendipity Images logo on the image. Please also provide a link back to SerendipityImages.net. Thank you for your cooperation!

Wedding Photography


© 2008-2012 Tracy Norred