My name is Tracy Norred and I am an Orange County Photographer. I specialize in capturing real moments between families. I absolutely love getting to know my families, and watching children grow over time. It is a joy to capture happy moments.

I'm a mom myself, and the best way to get information is to contact me by email. I'd love to give you more information & find out if I'm the right fit for your family!
Follow Me!

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Moving Downstream

I saw discovered this clip on Facebook tonight, and it got my heart racing...



For years, I told friends that -- although I knew it was totally unlogical -- I firmly believed that what's best will happen. I remember talking about this during high school & college. I have always believed that what's best will happen. In more recent years, my beliefs have evolved into the knowledge that I always get what I expect. What's best will happen for me PRECISELY BECAUSE I expect it. I try to maintain positive thoughts, and incredible things have happened in my life. I'm not perfect, and there are certainly days & weeks when I get off track & spend time shooting off new rockets of desire, but the core of me believes that people are good & good things always come to me.

I totally resonate with what Will Smith says because it has happened to me. I made the choice. I know who I am and who I am becoming. The downstream things in my life have come to me, and obstacles have moved around me, just like water.

I feel extremely fortunate for the birth & re-birth of Serendipity Images. Serendipity Images was born as a photography business specializing in macro & floral photography. Over the past year, Serendipity Images was re-born specializing in photographing couples. I decided what I wanted, and the Universe brought it to me. Case in point: I booked 6 weddings before ever shooting one. It is my first year of weddings, and I love it. Not only that, I think I'm pretty darn good at it. I am always getting better -- I hope that if I'm still photographing weddings 20 years from now, that I still continue to grow after each & every wedding I photograph.

I know who I am. I can create whatever I want in my life. I love juicy tangelos, mint tea, & red wine. I love lazy days in bed, reading a book with the window open & rain falling outside. I love giddily walking hand-in-hand with Bob on weekend-getaways. I love the thrill of discovery. I love listening to my intuition & ending up somewhere unexpected & fabulous. I love the way my heart speeds up when a bride walks down the aisle, and again at the first kiss. I love the connection I feel with my awesome clients, and how naturally they each came to me. I am patient. I will let cars in front of me in traffic. I can often be found staring up at back-lit clouds. I love the smell of spring in the air, and seeing a hummingbird delicately perched on a branch. I love the feel of my freshly washed bamboo sheets. I love live music & the way I can feel it course through my veins. I love the knowledge that what's best will happen, now & forever, because this is my path.

2 comments:

caleb said...

I LOVE IT TRACY!!!!! Awesome, awesome, awesome stuff. :)

Anonymous said...

You are such a positive person...of course good things will come to you for that very reason alone!

Thanks for sharing the interview of Will...he had a lot of interesting points!

The images on this blog are the sole property of Tracy Norred and may not be printed without permission. However, you are welcome to include them on your own personal web sites (ie. MySpace, Facebook, or blogs) as long as you keep the Serendipity Images logo on the image. Please also provide a link back to SerendipityImages.net. Thank you for your cooperation!

Wedding Photography


© 2008-2012 Tracy Norred