My name is Tracy Norred and I am an Orange County Photographer. I specialize in capturing real moments between families. I absolutely love getting to know my families, and watching children grow over time. It is a joy to capture happy moments.

I'm a mom myself, and the best way to get information is to contact me by email. I'd love to give you more information & find out if I'm the right fit for your family!
Follow Me!

Friday, July 25, 2008

Tribute: Randy Pausch

Randy Pausch passed away today. If his name doesn't ring a bell, perhaps "The Last Lecture" will. Randy Pausch was a Carnegie Mellon professor with an amazing and broad career. He says that he achieved everything he wanted in his life except playing professional football. But, in his words, "that's okay, I probably got stuff more valuable ... experience is what you get when you don't get what you want."

It was a Carnegie Mellon tradition to give a Last Lecture, a summation of what a professor would say if it was their last chance. For Randy Pausch, it was true. He was dying of pancreatic cancer when he gave an upbeat, optimistic, and inspirational lecture. His Last Lecture is not about death. It is about childhood dreams and how to achieve them. It is about living well. The lecture is long (76 minutes), but absolutely worth it.

With this lecture, Randy Pausch touches more people than many do in a lifetime. The mass appeal was incidental, though ... he only wrote the lecture for 3 people ... you'll see who they are at the end of the lecture. (Have your tissues ready!!)

Without further ado, here is Randy Pausch, giving his Last Lecture, "Achieving Your Childhood Dreams":


If you don't have time to watch the complete lecture, below is a condensed version that Randy Pausch gave on Oprah:


Thank you to Randy Pausch for being so candid, you have inspired me to build my business, become the best photographer possible, and achieve my other life goals. I never knew you, but you will be missed.

No comments:

The images on this blog are the sole property of Tracy Norred and may not be printed without permission. However, you are welcome to include them on your own personal web sites (ie. MySpace, Facebook, or blogs) as long as you keep the Serendipity Images logo on the image. Please also provide a link back to SerendipityImages.net. Thank you for your cooperation!

Wedding Photography


© 2008-2012 Tracy Norred