My name is Tracy Norred and I am an Orange County Photographer. I specialize in capturing real moments between families. I absolutely love getting to know my families, and watching children grow over time. It is a joy to capture happy moments.

I'm a mom myself, and the best way to get information is to contact me by email. I'd love to give you more information & find out if I'm the right fit for your family!
Follow Me!

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Getaway Weekend

We just got back from a fantastic weekend at my in-laws' condo in Palm Desert. I love spending relaxing time with my husband and our friends. With no itinerary, no computer, and no stresses of home, all there is to do is relax and enjoy each others' company.

I started every day with a cup of coffee on the patio, gazing out at golf greens. The greens were mostly quiet. By the time I had my coffee around 10am, most of the golfers had probably finished 18 holes and and retreated to their air conditioning. On Friday, Julia and I hit the Cabazon Outlets. I got some incredible deals, but am most excited about the Christmas stockings that I bought Bob and I. I had been eyeing them for months on the Crate & Barrel website, and bought them at the outlet for only $4.95 each! It was a very, very successful shopping trip! =)

The sunsets this weekend were incredible! The clouds shimmered as the sun set behind them. Gorgeous!

My goal is to shoot 100% in Manual mode. This weekend, I had a lot of time to play with shooting techniques. I experimented with wide apertures, shutter speed, and ISO as the evenings grew darker and darker. As a reformed Program and Aperture Priority shooter, I love the control that shooting in Manual mode gives me. My 50mm f/1.4 lens was perfect for evening photography because it lets in so much light. I love this lens, and it hardly ever leaves my camera! Eventually, I'll add the 85mm f/1.4 lens to my collection.

No comments:

The images on this blog are the sole property of Tracy Norred and may not be printed without permission. However, you are welcome to include them on your own personal web sites (ie. MySpace, Facebook, or blogs) as long as you keep the Serendipity Images logo on the image. Please also provide a link back to SerendipityImages.net. Thank you for your cooperation!

Wedding Photography


© 2008-2012 Tracy Norred