My name is Tracy Norred and I am an Orange County Photographer. I specialize in capturing real moments between families. I absolutely love getting to know my families, and watching children grow over time. It is a joy to capture happy moments.

I'm a mom myself, and the best way to get information is to contact me by email. I'd love to give you more information & find out if I'm the right fit for your family!
Follow Me!

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Mission San Juan Capistrano

I have a new favorite photography spot, Mission San Juan Capistrano. Odds are, I went there in 4th grade when we were studying the California Missions, but lets be honest, I don't remember that at all. I went in May, and loved it so much that I bought an annual pass. Now I can go whenever the mood strikes, or stop by on my way home from the San Clemente Art Gallery, where my work is often shown.

Have you ever noticed that you pay attention to different things on different visits to the same place? That has definitely been my experience at the Mission. My first visit was on a weekday afternoon and the place was crawling with 4th graders on field trips. My attention was on spots that didn't interest students, such as vigil candles, graveyard crosses, and macro flowers. The Mission has a few large fountains, but they seemed to be the meeting spots, and were surrounded!

My second trip couldn't have been more different! The Mission was sparsely visited by couples, families on vacation, and another photographer. I spent a lot of time shooting the fountains that I missed on my first visit, but they weren't only fountains, they were koi ponds with beautiful water lilies!

The old stone church is (or better put, 'was') enormous. There's a shot with kids in the picture to show the scale.



I love the idea that people still leave flowers at memorials. Who left these? Was it someone associated with the Mission? Or a visitor to the Mission? Whoever it was took the time to cut flowers and set them before a statue of Father Serra. The kindness to leave flowers for someone long deceased touches me.



Photographing bees is always delicate ... how close can I get without one of us spooking?







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a huge fan of the candles! so beautiful!
<3 jena

Anonymous said...

WOW! That picture with the flower and the bee is amazing . . . I feel like I could touch it! Nice Job Tracy!

the mangiafico family said...

i've never been to a mission in ca (considering i didn't attend school in the state). these pictures make me want to check one out! i will definitely be a 'driver' for brendon's class this coming year as they visit one in san diego!!! =)

Tracy (Serendipity Images) said...

Allison - Definitely go if you get the chance! I've never been to the Mission in San Diego, but if it's anything like San Juan Capistrano, it'll be worth seeing! =)

The images on this blog are the sole property of Tracy Norred and may not be printed without permission. However, you are welcome to include them on your own personal web sites (ie. MySpace, Facebook, or blogs) as long as you keep the Serendipity Images logo on the image. Please also provide a link back to SerendipityImages.net. Thank you for your cooperation!

Wedding Photography


© 2008-2012 Tracy Norred