My name is Tracy Norred and I am an Orange County Photographer. I specialize in capturing real moments between families. I absolutely love getting to know my families, and watching children grow over time. It is a joy to capture happy moments.

I'm a mom myself, and the best way to get information is to contact me by email. I'd love to give you more information & find out if I'm the right fit for your family!
Follow Me!

Friday, October 30, 2009

Helping a fellow photographer

When I heard that Heidi Walker's equipment was stolen -- all $20,000 of it -- my heart went out to her. As a photographer, all of our hopes, dreams, and income comes from our equipment. She was shooting with Dustin Izatt that day, and you can read about what happened, and how you can help on his blog.

Suffice to say that we all learned a lesson about not leaving our gear in our trunks, even for a minute, the value of insurance, and (most importantly) the value of those around us. Yes, some dirtbag ripped off Heidi's equipment (and I hope he gets caught for it!!!), but we're also learning how many good people there are, complete strangers to Heidi, who want to help her out. What an amazing network of photographers. People are good.

I hope that enough people donate to Heidi's fund to replace her equipment and restore her faith in people. You can donate through Paypal to dustin@dustinizatt.com (he promises that every cent will go to Heidi .. just put "for Heidi" in the transaction), and Dustin is also donating the profit from his templates and one-on-one consultations to Heidi.

Lets all pull together here and do the right thing, for Heidi and for us all.

2 comments:

Dustin Izatt said...

Thank you SO much Tracy for spreading the word. Since last Thursday, we have all raised $2000 for Heidi and I am hoping it won't stop there. You are the best and thanks again :)

Dustin

Jen May said...

there are people out there with awful intentions, but there are plenty of good people to come and fill the gap when bad things happen. the photographer community is a good one.

The images on this blog are the sole property of Tracy Norred and may not be printed without permission. However, you are welcome to include them on your own personal web sites (ie. MySpace, Facebook, or blogs) as long as you keep the Serendipity Images logo on the image. Please also provide a link back to SerendipityImages.net. Thank you for your cooperation!

Wedding Photography


© 2008-2012 Tracy Norred