My name is Tracy Norred and I am an Orange County Photographer. I specialize in capturing real moments between families. I absolutely love getting to know my families, and watching children grow over time. It is a joy to capture happy moments.

I'm a mom myself, and the best way to get information is to contact me by email. I'd love to give you more information & find out if I'm the right fit for your family!
Follow Me!

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Tuesday Tip #3

Boy does a week roll around quickly!  I hope you've been enjoying my tips so far.  While I think every family should be professional photographed, you should also be able to take the best possible pictures when you don't have a photographer with you! :)

Tracy's Tuesday Tip #3: Off-center is okay!

You don't have to center the subject of your picture.   In fact, your picture will probably be a lot more interesting if your subjects are off-center.  Imagine a grid of nine equal parts over your picture.  You generally want your objects of interest to lie on or near the cross points on the grid, because it creates more energy and interest.  Here's an example of what I'm talking about.  Notice that her body and the sand-line are along the lines of the grid, with her face falling near one of the grid intersections. 





1 comment:

Manda Murphy said...

Love your tips thus far! :)

The images on this blog are the sole property of Tracy Norred and may not be printed without permission. However, you are welcome to include them on your own personal web sites (ie. MySpace, Facebook, or blogs) as long as you keep the Serendipity Images logo on the image. Please also provide a link back to SerendipityImages.net. Thank you for your cooperation!

Wedding Photography


© 2008-2012 Tracy Norred