My name is Tracy Norred and I am an Orange County Photographer. I specialize in capturing real moments between families. I absolutely love getting to know my families, and watching children grow over time. It is a joy to capture happy moments.

I'm a mom myself, and the best way to get information is to contact me by email. I'd love to give you more information & find out if I'm the right fit for your family!
Follow Me!

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree!

One of my favorite parts about Christmas is the tree. I love everything about it. The smell. The decorating. The way it brings Christmas cheer even when there are not yet any gifts under it. Our Christmas tree arrived as a surprise last night (Thanks Lyss!!!). After retrieving my boxes of ornaments from my parents' attic today (where they kindly let me store them!), I got down to business.

I'm not the kind of person with a pristine, color-coordinated Christmas tree. Coordinated, sort of. I have a few dozen jewel-toned bulbs and a wide gold ribbon encircling the tree. Sentimental, definitely. I love the mismatch of life on my Christmas tree. I have ornaments from friends, ornaments from family, ornaments I made myself. I was surprised how sentimental I became when decorating the tree. I always want to celebrate life with my beautiful mismatched tree.

My baby's first Christmas ornament is almost 30 years old.
My cousin and her daughter make different ornaments for the family every year. I have about 8 of them on my tree, and they make me smile.
This pretzel ornament is so kitchy, but I love it. I remember the day my mom took this picture. We were in the back yard and I DID NOT want to open my eyes. I don't know how my mom every got me to cooperate! The photograph is old and faded, and the prezels have cracked, but it's perfect. Simply perfect.
My mother-in-law brought this cool ornament back from China!
Help! There's a monkey in our tree!
This little guy doesn't have a story. He's just cute. That's it. =)Happy decorating!

4 comments:

the mangiafico family said...

so nice! i like sentimental ornaments on my tree, too! that's one thing i look forward to every year is checking out all the 'old' ornaments on my parent's tree, ones i made back in elementary school.

Tracy (Serendipity Images) said...

Allison - That's so cool! Isn't it amazing to look back at your old ornaments & see how far you've come? Now you get to put Brendan's ornaments up -- and soon the your twins! =)

Mary Marantz said...

oh I LOVE that last one!!

Unknown said...

i like it!

The images on this blog are the sole property of Tracy Norred and may not be printed without permission. However, you are welcome to include them on your own personal web sites (ie. MySpace, Facebook, or blogs) as long as you keep the Serendipity Images logo on the image. Please also provide a link back to SerendipityImages.net. Thank you for your cooperation!

Wedding Photography


© 2008-2012 Tracy Norred