My name is Tracy Norred and I am an Orange County Photographer. I specialize in capturing real moments between families. I absolutely love getting to know my families, and watching children grow over time. It is a joy to capture happy moments.

I'm a mom myself, and the best way to get information is to contact me by email. I'd love to give you more information & find out if I'm the right fit for your family!
Follow Me!

Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Big Read

"Success to crime!"

Perhaps I should back up a bit. You know, start from the beginning. I don't hope any actual success to any actual crime.

"The Big Read" is a program run by the National Endowment for the Arts to revitalize the role of literature in American culture. Nearly 400 communities have hosted "Big Read" events, which include with components such as panel discussions, lectures, and theatre/film screenings. "The Big Read" has featured books from "Farenheight 451" to "The Joy Luck Club", and "The Maltese Falcon" to "Their Eyes Were Watching God."

November was declared "Los Angeles Big Read Month" by the L.A. city council, and the book of honor was The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett. I was able to attend the Kick-Off celebration for The Maltese Falcon at the Barnsdall Theatre in Los Angeles. The Department of Cultural Affairs brought together period cars, an actual falcon, a jazz quartet, celebrity narrators, the Long Beach Shakespeare Company, and even the mayor of Los Angeles!

Back in 2005, the Long Beach Shakespeare Company produced the first authorized stage production of The Maltese Falcon! I grew up around The Maltese Falcon, and it was quite fun to be at the premiere of the play! At the "Big Read" kick-off, the Long Beach Shakespeare Company did an excerpted version of the play, with a number of narrators between scenes. One of the narrators was my mom (looking lovely, I might add!):

All the kids, and especially the girls, loooved Austen Parros!

The cast did a wonderful job performing this excerpted version of The Maltese Falcon.
"'You're a damned good man, sister,' he said and went out."
And the Maltese Falcon, you might ask? It's "the stuff that dreams are made of."

Enjoy! =)

3 comments:

Mary Marantz said...

what a cool idea!!

Tracy (Serendipity Images) said...

Thanks Mary! =)

the mangiafico family said...

your mother does look lovely! love her sweater!!! =) looks like a fun time!!!

The images on this blog are the sole property of Tracy Norred and may not be printed without permission. However, you are welcome to include them on your own personal web sites (ie. MySpace, Facebook, or blogs) as long as you keep the Serendipity Images logo on the image. Please also provide a link back to SerendipityImages.net. Thank you for your cooperation!

Wedding Photography


© 2008-2012 Tracy Norred